When I was a child, braces improved my smile, my self-esteem, and my confidence. I’ve devoted many years to furthering my ability to improve patients’ smiles. My personal fulfillment comes from making a difference in people’s lives, whether it is with a new smile, a healthier night’s sleep, relief from chronic headaches, or a recommended nutritional program.
I am passionate about exploring non-traditional aspects of dentistry in order to provide wider, more comprehensive treatment plans. Continuing my personal and professional development is extremely important to me, and studying acupuncture, applied kinesiology, nutrition, and philosophy has given me more insight into the human condition than I ever thought possible.
Education and Continuing Education
- Bachelor of Science – Augustana College, Rock Island, IL
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – University of Iowa College of Dentistry, Iowa City, IA
Continuing my education allows me to open up new worlds of treatment to benefit my patients’ health and wellness. I have advanced cosmetic dentistry training through NYU and UCLA and attend annual study clubs for TMJ and headache cases. I attended the Pankey Institute and the Seattle Institute for Advanced Dental Education, and completed the AACP Craniofacial Pain Mini-Residency, Introduction to Cranial Osteopathy, and AACP Sleep Dentistry.
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Sleep Apnea Association
- American Academy of Craniofacial Pain
- Cranial Academy
- American Academy of Medical Acupuncture
- Holistic Dental Association
Outside the Office
I am originally from Newton, Iowa, and currently reside in the small community of Manchester with my husband, Shane. My free time is most happily spent cooking, reading, container gardening, and motorcycling. I am also involved in Rotary International, PEO, and the local political scene.